Tuesday, August 4, 2015

adult mixed media workshop

I did my first adult workshop in the studio!

Five women registered for the workshop over two evening sessions.

It was so much fun to share some interesting techniques I have picked up along the way with like minded women.

And who can argue with students who show up with wine instead of juice boxes?

The first two hour session, I helped them build up a multi-media background.

They used vintage papers, acrylics, stamping, oil and chalk pastel, plus inks.  By the end of the night, they were works of art just by themselves.

The second two hour session, the women worked on their main subject matter. Some used image transfer and then painted and drew over the top and others used a variety of acrylic paint, including soft, fluid, and high flow, and water based pencils.

By the end of the night, they all had stunning results.

I had a great time getting to know them all and hopefully they had some fun too. A couple of the women's children were in the morning camps that week and they were so proud of their mothers!  It was so sweet to see them so excited that their moms were also going to art class and sharing their love of creating.








This Thursday evening I will be hosting another adult workshop in the studio on Watercolor. This time it is only one two hour session, from 7-9pm, but I am sure it will be just as much fun.  I am so looking forward to the night.

There are two spots left in the workshop and you can get in touch with me through Kudzustudio.com to register.


No comments:

Post a Comment