Friday, June 19, 2015

Watercolor Still Life

This is a project I did a couple of years ago with a group of children at summer camp.  I happen to come across it while planning this year's enormous amounts of camps and wanted to share it.

On the last day of camp, I brought in several found glass jars filled with some flowers at my house.

The flowers are sparse because I am not known for my green thumb....

Each student sketched out their composition first and I prompted them with questions to help train their eye to really pay attention to the objects.

Due to their attention to detail and exploration of the shapes they found making up the objects, the paintings are quite impressive given their ages.

To this day, I'm still so proud of this group of students. It was truly a lovely group of kids to work with for the week.

7 year old

11 year old

8 year old

7 year old

7 year old

No comments:

Post a Comment