Monday, July 21, 2014

A colourful day in the studio

Today I had four little girls come to the studio for a trial class.  I decided to bring out the dyes for them to use and boy did they have fun with them.  I always find it enjoyable to watch young children discover a new medium and it was such a joy to watch them share amongst each other how they created a certain look with the dyes.

It was even cuter to listen to them share since it was all in Mandarin!

They had such a good time painting with the dyes, it was hard to not use lots of colours and try lots of different things.   Needless to say, there were some very colourful works at the end of class and I was impressed with how well they all stayed focused until the very end.

I thought their work turned out adorable and it is always fun to spend a very colourful day in the studio with a bunch of very sweet and smart young girls.


5 year old

3 year old

5 year old

4 year old

1 comment: