Wednesday, November 26, 2014

artist choice

I decided to do an "artist choice" for class.  Other than doing a painting, the artist could choose their canvas size, subject matter, and style.

8 year old

I had just sourced some new reference material and when I saw the photo of some airplanes flying I thought of the above artist.  When I showed it to him, he got very excited and started sketching.  In fact, he was so excited his mom had a hard time getting him to stop when class was over.  However this week, the picture went from being a day painting to a nighttime painting.  As interesting as I thought it was to show the planes at night, I was surprised by the choice until his mom arrived and told me he had been so excited about his sketch last week, he had already painted a daytime picture of the above subject!

He had never said a word.

I love the huge moon in the sky which was influence by the painting the other artist in the room was creating.

12 year old

Although her moon is much different,  I love that one student was inspiring the other during the class.    

This artist started off using Emily Carr for her inspiration but quickly began to combine her own style into the work.  Her favorite part?  Flicking the paintbrush toward the canvas to create the snowflakes/stars.




No comments:

Post a Comment