Monday, November 24, 2014

tis' the season. well almost.

We're starting early for the holidays at Kudzu Studio.

I like to kick things off by having the students work on stamp carvings.  We do a print at the studio and then they can take their stamps home to make cards for friends and family afterwards.

Here are a few created by some students last week in class.  I'll have to add what the high school students create this week too.

9 year old

Love the Snowman Cat and her idea for a card message?  "Have a Meowy Christmas".  brilliant.


11 year old

She wondered if you could tell it was a puppy.  How could you not?  It's adorable and I wonder if this is a gigantic hint for what she would like to see in her stocking this year?!

8 year old

When his mom came to pick him up and saw the print, she immediately exclaimed,"It's our fireplace!" I had no idea he was referencing his own house while he was making this piece.  I love that it is all a bit off kilter.  I think it adds a lot of charm and personality to the mouse hiding under the hat.  Although his mom thought it was the cat and maybe it's best she keeps thinking that now that I know this is the students actual living room.......

Ho, Ho, Ho everyone!  From here on out, the studio will be a very busy Santa's Workshop as the students start creating projects they can ultimately give away as gifts.  My post might be waning for the short term as I won't want to give away any surprises.

No comments:

Post a Comment