Friday, May 6, 2016

a little bit of this and a little bit of that


Here are a few projects that have been completed in the studio that were "one off's".  Sometimes I just let the kids do whatever they want or create a project just for them that I think they will enjoy. 

I knew this 11 year old would find it interesting to draw unusually large. This deer is her mother's absolute favorite creation. The artist was pretty pleased with herself also. It is created with charcoal and it is poster size.


charcoal deer, 11 year old

This 12 year old really enjoyed the wood burning project we had done in the winter and asked if she could do another project using the wood burner. I happened to have four wooden squares that I gave her and she created this lovely hummingbird work. It was suppose to be for her Aunt but I don't think her mother let it out of the house. Can't say I blame her. Love the bit of paint she added to the work in the end.

wood burn  hummingbird, 12 year old

Then a couple of the girls wanted to create a mixed media work. They both chose birds for their subject matter, even though they were in different classes.

10 year old

14 year old

I am honestly blown away at the talent that walks through the studio doors. I'm so inspired by their enthusiasm, their courage and openness to try new things, and the genuine love they have to create. It is rewarding for me to see them from time to time want to revisit a medium or technique I introduced previously because it resonated with them or flourish in a project that I felt was suited perfectly for them. It is a little more work on my part to have a variety of different projects going on in the studio at the same time, but well worth it when I see how happy it makes the kids.

So I know I'll continue to have days in the studio where there's a little bit of this and a little bit of that going on in the future.

Summer camps are beginning to fill up. I have lots of exciting plans for projects this summer in the variety of camps. You can find out more at KudzuStudio.com



No comments:

Post a Comment