Tuesday, July 19, 2016

clay finger puppets

While the morning camp created plaques of their family pets, the afternoon camp of Pets-n-Art created finger puppets in clay of their pets.

Pushka. 7 year old


After molding some clay around their fingers, they then added the features of their sweet pets.

Q-Bert. 7 year old


The finger puppets happened by chance to be truthful. I had found these cute little boxes in the spring that I purchased figuring I would create a project around them. My first thought was the kids would just create a sculpture of their pets to put inside the boxes I had planned to have them paint. The easiest way for them to create a sculpture that would fit inside these small boxes was to have them create them on their fingers.

Tigg's, her favorite stuffed pet.  7 year old


Then I saw them all sitting around the table with their pets attached to their fingers and thought,'what cute finger puppets' and the project morphed into it's final form.

Pushka. 5 year old


The kids loved creating puppets of their pets.

Krystal. 7 year old

They enjoyed sculpting them, painting the boxes, and ultimately the puppets themselves.

Fiddy. 9 year old


They loved that it was a surprise element to their final works too. It was fun to watch their faces while they surprised their parents with the knowledge they were much more than a simple sculpture, they were puppets!

I think all of these little boxes and puppets came out so sweet. And I am quite thrilled to see such a wide variety of ways the kids created their puppets too.

I hope they have lots of fun playing with them at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment