Wednesday, May 3, 2017

deconstructed books

One of the last projects I planned for the Sculpture and Paper camp was a deconstructed book. I have done this in the past on the last day of camp and found I underestimated how long the project would hold the children's attention, so this time made sure I left plenty of time.

This project seems to really capture the imagination of the kids.

I first started by showing them four basic folds and from there they did whatever they wanted. I put out scissors and glue, a hold puncher and some fun scrapbook scissors that create different edges.


 The only rule was that whatever you did to one side you had to do to the other.


Half the fun for this young artist was looking through his sculpture as he created it!


And in the end, the campers were all quite proud of their final creations.

10 year old

8 year old

10 year old

6 year old

Left alone to create, this captured the kids attention for almost two hours. They got completely lost in creating folds, cutting and pasting. They were very excited shared their discoveries with each other and each inspired the other throughout the project.


Leaving me once again to exclaim, "best project ever".





No comments:

Post a Comment