Friday, May 26, 2017

"drone" view clay tiles

I decided to try and become the "cool" art teacher and hip things up by creating drone view clay tiles instead of bird's eye view.

I didn't fool anyone.

But the kids did have a lot of fun and had fun working out a landscape from a drone or bird eye viewpoint.

I left it open ended as to what type of landscape the kids created with the air dry clay.



One young artist created her drone landscape tile focusing on cabins at the lake, just love the addition of the dock and canoe! And I thought her color choices she made when it came time to paint them with acrylics really reflect a lovely, sunny summer day. It certainly makes me wish to head off to a lake cabin!



This young boy created a snow capped canyon with rapids running through it. Although had to see, there is a wire running across the river to represent a suspension bridge. How brilliant is that?!!



And finally this lovely landscape created looking over the ocean. I really love the way the artist decided to show the water breaking by layering up the clay. She had a great time painting in the fish and then using washed of the acrylic paint to create starfish and such laying on the bottom depths.

I was so impressed with these students and how each came up with their own unique drone landscapes. I did my best to create a little video of the tiles as if a drone was going overhead.




Listening to me on this video pretty much seals my fate as a less than hip art teacher, but there's no doubt the kids embraced the idea of creating a drone view tile- regardless of how uncool I happen to be.




No comments:

Post a Comment