Thursday, October 30, 2014

Happy Halloween!

In honor of the holiday, here are some treat pails made in several of the classes this week.

Each child created their own concept for the pails. Some students chose to do something in keeping with their costumes, some did traditional Halloween symbols, and others were just way off the grid...in the best way possible! I was impressed with each and every one of them.

My youngest believes these pails aren't nearly big enough to haul the loot tomorrow night brings, but I thought if the kids didn't want to carry them, their parents could use them to pass out the treats.  I'm guessing they will be put to use both ways.

What I'm absolutely sure of is that each and every student was thrilled with the chance to create one.

Of course the fact I put some candy inside each bucket didn't hurt either.

Happy Halloween everyone.

8 year old



7 year old
to go with her butterfly costume

back

Sea Otter ghost, 8 year old


Back
"Happy Otterween"

11 year old, front


back

10 year old, front

back

 8 year old, front
"Monster Trucks"

back

8 year old, front

8 year old, back

Paint pails were donated to me by my oldest daughter from a display that was taken down at the leather store she worked for a year ago.  I treated them with gesso and the students used acrylics in primary colors with white and black.  I then put a coat of varnish on them to protect the artwork.


No comments:

Post a Comment