Friday, January 22, 2016

acrylic painted doughnuts

This will be the third time I have done this project in one form or another, I keep coming back to it because it is truly one of the favorites among kids.

I realized I had a full class of children in Wednesday's class who had not done this project yet and so knew it would be a lot of fun for them to experience while making me a very popular art teacher.

Win/win!

Anytime you get to eat the props at the end of class, it's a good time.

I introduced the children to American artist Wayne Thiebaud, who get this, is 95 years old and still painting.

Wayne Thiebaud, "dessert circle" 

Picture after picture of cake, candy, ice cream and pie were shown to many exclamations of "yum"!

And with that, I asked them to create their own paintings so delicious the viewer would want to eat them.

And as you can see, they students did just that, along with a fun lesson on tint and of course a sweet treat to eat at the end.

6 year old

6 year old

8 year old

9 year old

6 year old

10 year old

9 year old

10 year old

Homer Simpson would be proud, not to mention Wayne Thiebaud himself.












No comments:

Post a Comment