Friday, May 9, 2014

Family Art Sunday at Seymour Art Gallery!

I love having the opportunity to work out in the community and introduce children in the community to different styles of art.  Seymour Art Gallery in Deep Cove has given me a couple of opportunities to come and work with them on a project they call Family Art Sunday.  For five dollars, parents can sign their children up for a two hour class.  The parents are even welcome to stay and draw too!

In April I worked on a landscape project inspired by Kandinsky.  I love this project and have done it several times because every age group seems to find success with it. It is a great project when you have a wide age group present.  

We talked about "wild beast" colors and how color can convey feelings in a painting.  I had lots of reference material for the kids to look at and went over they could pick and choose what they wanted to draw from the pictures.  After working out their sketches on practice paper, they transferred onto their final paper and were off to the races!  

All colors were mixed from red, yellow and blue.  I had white present so they could create value too.  The age group ranged from 3 to 10 years old and I thought the work came out marvelous!

If you live in Vancouver, I'd strongly suggest you keep your eye out for other activities at Seymour Art Gallery.  They are currently enrolling for a summer camp that looks fantastic!




four year old

3 year old

5 year old

10 year old

9 year old

9 year old

No comments:

Post a Comment