Wednesday, May 7, 2014

jump on in!





I have finally taken the big step into the blogsphere.  I'm not going to lie, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing in this realm, so bear with me as I learn as I go along.  Like most things in my life, I'm just going to jump into the deep end feet first and hope I swim.   So this could be great or go horribly wrong, but it should be a fun ride while I find out.

This past fall I opened Kudzu Studio to teach art classes to children.  It has been something I talked about for years. 


YEARS!


Just ask my husband.


The husband who finally heard enough and took matters into his own hands.  The husband who got on Craigslist and sold the pool table, the shuffle board game, and the dart board our teen hooligans promised to make use of if we gave them a game room. The hooligans who for the most part have now moved on to University and are no longer home enough to use the game room and told me to put together my art studio.


Basically telling me to plug my nose and jump right into the deep end.


I did and have had no regrets since opening last late fall.


This blog will be a place for me to document the wonderful projects the students who come here create each week.


The students I'm suppose to be teaching but at the end of the day I think I learn more from them than they do me.  They have been such an inspiring group of children to watch grow through their artwork.


I certainly hope you enjoy watching their journey as much as I do getting the opportunity to work alongside them.


Jump on in!  I promise the water is fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment