Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Wet Felting Fun

I am currently the President of the North Shore Needle Arts Guild which has a large membership of very creative women working in all sorts of textile arts.  Our first meeting back after summer was last Thursday, but with a full class of students for the day due to the school strike, I was not able to attend.

That did not stop me from thinking of them and being there in spirit as I introduced wet felting to the students in the studio. Once finished I threw them in the dryer and let the students do a bit of thread work on them.

I know the guild membership would of loved it!  

First a couple of wall hangings completed by the students.  The heart was done by an eight year old for his mother and below is a trellis of roses by an eleven year old.


Several students chose to have their artwork mounted for framing.

11 year old

7 year old

10 year old

11 year old

And finally two students wanted to make pillows.  I have never seen two children more thrilled with their creations, as they walked around hugging these pillows and cooing for the rest of the day.

7 year old

8 year old



No comments:

Post a Comment