Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Oh Wayne Thiebaud, how we love you

I fell in love with the work of Wayne Thiebaud from the moment I saw he shared my love of cake, candy, and all other sweets.   What's not to love about a man who creates works of art of what I like to refer to as the most important food group, sweets?

And I believe my students share the same belief that Wayne Thiebaud is great.  That's because when I decided to introduce his artwork to inspire them

and it includes DOUGHNUTS!

they quickly take up the chorus of singing, "Wayne is great.  He likes to paint chocolate cake"

And so without further ado, here is how we started the second day of art camp during the B.C. school strike.   It's hard to be upset with the delay of the first day of school when you get to eat the props after creating these masterpieces.

7 year old

10 year old

7 year old

8 year old

7 year old

11 year old

8 year old





No comments:

Post a Comment