Saturday, December 6, 2014

Warhol inspired fantasy shoes

I decided to do something a bit different when introducing some students to Andy Warhol.  Most had done some printmaking before based off of his work as you can see below.

6 year old

Kind of funny I picked one on shoes to show you as I decided to show all of the kids Warhol's illustration work-focusing on shoes.

Because what's not to love about a man who loved, among other things, shoes!

The students used thin sharpie pen and dyes on watercolor paper for this project.  However it would be very easy to trade out the dyes for liquid or pan watercolors.

We looked at several examples of his shoe illustrations and I asked for the kids to share their observations.  Afterwards I told them to create a fantasy shoe inspired by Warhol's illustrative style.

The results were magnificent. 

    10 year old

    6 year old

    10 year old

    9 year old

    9 year old






No comments:

Post a Comment