Friday, March 27, 2015

Enlarged Animal Eyes


Coming right off the chalk pastel project, I immediately introduced an oil pastel project so the kids could compare the two back to back and decide which one they liked better.  

For this project, I again used black paper in order to help them apply the color better and encourage them to do more blending of color.

I had a lot of eyeball reference for them to choose from and each child found one they thought was interesting.

I showed them how to do a grid drawing, but all of them except one decided not to try it.

I was very impressed how each of them really paid attention to the details they saw in the reference and how they interpreted that into their work.

Below are their amazing results.

owl eye, 8 year old

wolf eye, 6 year old

Wolf eye, 7 year old (she did use the grid method)

gecko eye, 10 year old

gecko eye, 8 year old

elephant eye, 6 year old

tiger eye, 8 year old

No comments:

Post a Comment