Friday, May 8, 2015

A penny for your thoughts

Canada phased out their pennies a couple of years ago and so the hoarder in me immediately started putting them aside in a bag.

For what I had no idea, but last week finally found an excuse for keeping them.

They became artwork!

Masters use to paint on copper and I was planning on introducing water mixable oils to the teen class and thought it could be interesting to try to paint a picture on an extremely small surface.

The teens were quite excited to try this out and there was a definite learning curve in the beginning on not only how to work with the oils but also paint on a surface so small.

I think they got some great work in the end and I know they are anxious to try it again.

I hope we find some time before the studio breaks for summer.

13 year old

14 year old

No comments:

Post a Comment