Sunday, August 16, 2015

an introduction to watercolor for adults

The last of the summer adult workshops was last week and it was an introduction to watercolor.

I purchased some sunflowers for reference and then went over some of the different techniques one can use when working with watercolor.

Of all the mediums, I think watercolor can be the most difficult transition as you really do have to be able to give up some control for best results. And I understand that everyone wants a great finished product in the end, but sometimes the success is in discovering the process.

Although I am quite impressed with the artwork created, I know some of the women were not fans. My hope is that they will give it a try again.

I was thrilled when I received an email the next day that one of the women went out and did purchase some supplies to paint more watercolor work! So that is success in my book.

I think they all did a great job and it was fun working with them in the evening. I was sorry to see the two hours come to a close so quickly.

The first project completed was the sunflowers.






And then at the end of the night, they worked on creating some very colorful chickens.






Aren't they lovely?

No comments:

Post a Comment